Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Being Thankful

I have read many blogs this week about Thanksgiving and what people are most thankful for. It has been a joy to read each one of them. I think that sometimes we all get wrapped up in the drama of everyday life that we forget to appreciate the little things. It is nice to see so many of you stop and take moment to do just that.
As for myself? I could write pages of what I am thankful for. So I will keep it short and sweet. =]
I am thankful for:
My health -- so that I can continue to do all those things that I use to take for granted
My husband -- for without him in my life, I would not be the person I am today and will be tomorrow
My children -- to know that they are truly a gift given into my care. To teach and guide them to be the best person they can be.
My family -- for they have never once given up on me...when at times I have felt like giving up on myself
My four legged kids -- for their unconditional love...always

There is so much more I am grateful for that words alone can not express the emotions I feel. (well that and I am not a writer!! lol)


On abit of a lighter note. I started cooking already for our meal tomorrow. Cranberry sauce is made and cooling on the counter. The turkey breast is in the oven cooking as I blog. I must admit I am very squeamish when it comes to handling fowl. Chicken, turkey...anything that still has it's skin on, and lets not even mention the legs and wings. Icky!! I have no idea where this came from. I didn't use to be like this. It never use to bother me. But now?? ~major body shudders!!~
I persevered though today. Armed with disposable gloves, I took my whole turkey breast and prepared it for the oven. I had found a recipe that used different herbs along with butter and olive oil. You mixed them all together and RUBBED it into the turkey. Not only did I have to handle the turkey, (rinse out, cut off extra skin, etc) but I had to massage the darn thing!!  There was alot of gritting my teeth and holding my breath (don't ask..I have no idea why I do that either!!) but I got it done and into the roasting bag and pan. I don't know how y'all do a WHOLE turkey! Tomorrow will be homemade pies and bread. All the sides to go with the turkey too. (Yea!!)

To everyone...my this Thanksgiving be a blessed one for you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment