Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sadness

I am overcome this evening with sadness. My heart is heavy and the lump in my throat is so large that it threatens to choke me.
You see a year ago we adopted a Golden Retriever from a rescue group that serves our area. It has been one of the best decisions I have made. With the support of my husband and daughter we where matched with a beautiful male Golden that was about 2 years old. He has become my constant companion and helps keep me active on the days that I just want to curl up on the couch and bury my head. I would not trade him for all the money in the world!

This evening I was surfing the rescue site that we got him from. I do that from time to time...checking in to see if the one's last week finally got their forever home. It is a wonderful feeling to see their picture move to the category of "Forever Home".
But this night....this night I saw a pictures and the story about a Golden who came to the rescue group that stopped my heart right then and there.
She was seized by the police department  in an animal cruelty case. On her intake exam at the shelter, she weighed a mere 28 pounds – probably less than half of what she should. This beautiful girl is 8 years old!!! Someone has neglected and abused her all her life. !!
In the last 10 days this wonderful and loving Golden has put on 10 pounds.

The following pictures are of her at 38 pounds since she was taken in by our awesome rescue group. But these pictures are still heart wrenching non the less. In fact I sat here and cried for her.







Can you imagine her 10 pounds LIGHTER when she first came in?
How can anyone think that it is OK to treat an animal who wants nothing more
than to please you like this???

My blessings and warm healing thoughts going your way beautiful girl.
You are in safe hands now. And I do believe that Karma will have the last
word with those who treated her this way.

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about blogger as time has passed. I am glad you are still using it to express yourself from time to time. I hadn't seen the photos til now. Banx and Cheyenne are blessed by the gods to have you as their human. So am I.

    ReplyDelete